Saturday, April 21, 2007

More reminiscing

I'm so thankful for my laptop! I wish I had more of my quilt pictures stored on it, though. I may be running out of pictures to share with you while I'm here at the hospital with Dad.

This tesselating star quilt was made especially for a good friend's great grandbaby. This one is at least 6 years old, I think. Thank goodness I do label these but a lot of these quilts end up miles away from me.

Yes, still at the hospital. Dad did not sleep for about 48 hours. He was hallucinating and so the nurses did not give him any drugs, to speak of. They gave him some Extra Strength Tylenol and Benadryl, but that didn't even slow him down. Judy was so worn out from staying up with him the whole night and the next day that she slept all night last night and most of today. The boys took turns sitting with him last night after I gave it up around 11 p.m. I spent most of today sitting in his room while he finally slept. Around 10 a.m., the surgeon came in and reinserted the chest tube. The only anesthetic he was given was the topical they used around the point of insertion. Then they gave him some Loritab. Tonight, there's an order for Ativan in case he becomes agitated once he begins to wake up again. It's so sad to see a man who was once so active, lie in bed and deteriorate. I find myself crying without realizing that I am. His hair is still jet-black, though! lol It's MY hair that's turning grey-er.

When I went home Thursday night I had the most wonderful pile of "squishies" waiting for me. I received several of my birthday blocks from the gals at QOR plus some birthday FQs. And, I got my siggie squares hosted by Cynthia. Thank you so much! I love them all and can't wait to get home to put them together. Thanks to all the ladies that participated in the swap.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish you strength with what your dad is going through. I received my siggies as well, what fun! Take care.