Friday, May 09, 2008

Between large projects...

This is the picture of the front of the pattern I use for the pillow wraps. I had to take it an an angle so the flash wouldn't glare.
This is a simple bag I made tonight using leftover strips I cut off the afore-mentioned placemats. I was a little peeved that the pattern has you cut off so much in order to get the placemat the right size. So, I trimmed the strips, sewed them together and worked up a little bag. I was hoping to put a zipper in the top of this one, but I just can't figure it out. I learn by watching, and of course, reading, but I don't have very good instructions to apply the zipper. I know there are some of you out there that do that on a regular basis and you do a great job. I may need to enlist your help. So, I just bound the top, attached the handles (I've never done it this way before, with the D-rings). Oh, I did put two pockets on the inside and one of them does have a small zipper. Unfortunately, I didn't measure correctly, and the pockets are not centered anywhere. LOL I still want to add some kind of closure, preferably a magnet. Vicky, didn't you say I can get one that I can sew on?

By the way, Jim looked at it and said, "It's pretty!" LOL It really is a happy-looking bag what with the sunflowers and all the yellow. I have another piece of strips sewn together that I think I'll work up into my usual bag pattern.

No comments: