Sunday, June 08, 2008

Disappearing 9 patch

What a wonderful pattern this is! This fabric was originally intended for something else, but I was not happy with that decision. So, I cut the squares even further, into 4" squares, and started sewing 9 patches. Then I cut the 9 patch blocks to make these.
By playing with the blocks on the flannel wall, rotating every other one 1/4 turn, you can see that a totally different pattern emerges. I like the first one better, but I couldn't resist playing with them to show you.

The rest of today and tonight will be spent getting my act together for tomorrow's meeting. I will be showing the group how I do the applique DWR technique. I've nearly got everything ready. Just need to make a few more arcs and sew some cornerstones on the samples.

Time to shower and go to WalMart for Dad. I ran over this morning to fix his breakfast. He was in good spirits and looked like he feels better. Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Great fabric! I haven't yet made the transition (or at least not often) to bright fabrics but I really want to. I'm just not very adventuresome I guess. My stuff tends to be much more sedate and I think I need a little excitement in my life! I enjoyed reading your blog. Blessings,