Saturday, February 16, 2008

Comfort quilt for friend

Robert calls this "Two Worlds". Joe calls it "Peppermint Squares". Jim calls it "Peppermint". I call it "A Hint of Mint". Judy and April just laugh at me. LOL Oh well... This is going to a friend's house. She is about to undergo some surgery and is having some difficult personal issues. Thanks to my QOR friends for making the blocks. I put it together, quilt-as-you-go style and tried the 3" sashings instead of the 1 3/4" front and 1 1/8" back sashings. I also added the cornerstones. It took a little longer to put together, but I like the results.

Now that this is done, I'd like to concentrate on working on Rob and April's DWR. I really would like to finish it before their first anniversary! LOL Time to go eat with Jim.

4 comments:

Silverthimble said...

I love the quilt! What a wonderful comfort for your friend! Hurray for you going ahead and trying something new--cornerstones with the quilt-as-you-go technique.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Gorgeous quilts! way to go!

Franie said...

Love the "peppermint" look! You just amaze me as to what you get done. Do you sleep?

Susan said...

Whatever it's called, it's really adorable, and bound to be a comfort!