Monday, August 16, 2010

Stormy morning

Woke up to pouring rain, thunder and wind this morning. Except for the wind, it sounded beautiful. Would've been nice to stay in bed. But, I've got to get going to go see Sweetie!

I spent the better part of yesterday, Sunday, working on this little quilt. I already had the top done so all it needed was quilting. The binding is nearly done since I stayed up until almost midnight trying to get it finished. Jim says I'm like a dog with a bone when I get started with something. LOL This is a comfort quilt for a little girl and I've got another one started for her sister.

I am sad today. One of our dear online quilting friends departed from this world yesterday. I didn't know Charla in person, but grew to know her through her fun, entertaining posts on Quilts on Review and facebook. We'll miss you, Charla!

1 comment:

Amy said...

very nice quilt, and such a cute young lady!! I am sure the quilt will be quite comforting to the recipients.So sorry to hear about the loss of internet friend.Thanks for sharing,Amy