Friday, November 13, 2009

Yes, I am spoiled

Check this out! I have been a part of two swaps this season and here is what I have received. The first picture is an Advent calendar wallhanging. Full of little gifts! This swap dictated that the swappers gather 24 little gifts to be opened by the recipient, one gift a day from December 1 'til December 25. Then there is one big gift for Christmas Day. Wasn't it smart of Tammy in Virginiato send the wallhanging? I got to looking at it and it's also very cleverly jumbled! So, I have to look for each day before I can open the gift inside the pocket. Thanks, Tammy!
This swap was a Stitcher's Angel swap. We were supposed to make three stitched items and the theme was "roses". I told my secret angel that one of my favorite color combos is pink and green. Look what she did! All three pieces are gorgeous! The picture of the green mouse has a title, in French, "the green mouse". I love it! The big wallhanging has dimensional flowers and a butterfly and applique. Beautiful! The little needle holder is too pretty to put to use. I think I'll just hang it over my sewing machine and look at it every day. She also sent me something I've never seen before. Scented floss! Yup. The back of the package says "Hidden in the core of the thread, the aroma is released when you touch it." The scents are chocolate, apple and roses. I can't wait to try them! Thank you, Agnes!

2 comments:

Zlaty said...

Very pretty! Lucky you!!!

Tammy said...

So glad you like the calendar. It was fun and easy to make.