Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hello, bloggerland friends!

Yes, I'm still here. First, let me say that taxes are done! Had to get that out of the way. This is the first year I have done them and I have to admit, it wasn't all that hard. With Judy's long distance help, Robert's local help with the 'puter and Jim making sure I didn't forget anything, we got 'er done! So, now maybe I can get back to working on some quilt blocks and crocheting.

I did have to get this little wallhanging done for a friend so it was a priority a few weeks ago. These blocks were made by older relatives in her family. She has two of the blocks and wanted them fixed up in order to gift them to special people.
These next three pictures are of my favorite little person! She got to spend the night with Grama and Papaw last Saturday while Mom and Dad went to the lake. In the first picture, she's looking at daddy holding a baby. I wonder if she thinks it's Kerrington he's holding? Actually it's my first granddaughter, Brittany, when she was a tiny thing. K was enthralled with the picture and would've probably carried it around with her if I'd let her.
The second picture finds her at the front door, knocking on it and calling "dada! dada!" Almost broke my heart. But she didn't cry at all while with us. She and her papaw are great friends.
The little zebra toy in the next picture was given to her by Auntie Judy. Someone gave it to Judy to pass on to K. She really enjoys it. By the way, the little dress is one I made her last summer hoping she'd be able to wear it this summer. Fits just right!

The final picture is a block I finished last night to send to a friend to ease her time of grief. I hope she feels the love we put in all our blocks to her.

Last, but not least. I am STILL sick! I went to the doctor last week and he diagnosed me with strep throat. I have been on antibiotics now for 10 days. The throat thing is a bit better, but I had to go back yesterday because I've been wheezing and coughing. Seems I have a viral infection due to allergies. They gave me a breathing treatment in the office which seemed to help temporarily and caused me to upchuck my dinner last night. Does it every time. I'm not so sure I'm going to work today. I hate to call in sick when I only work 3 days, but this is getting ridiculous! Yes, I rest, a lot, while staying with K, but I think I just need a few good days in the bed with nothing to do, as much as I love being with her. Jim has been so helpful. Bless his heart. He had to clean up my mess last night after he fixed my dinner! Please pray for his patience to continue. He's not feeling too hot either, what with some sciatic pain and all.

Alright, enough of the old folks health rant. I'm going to go shower and see if I feel up to getting to work. Have a great day!


Anonymous said...

Take care of you.......
have missed hearing of all the fun down the road.

Cindy said...

It was wonderful to hear from you again and I feel so bad that you are still not feeling well. Hopefully this is the end of it all. I have years like that where it's the allergies, the asthma and anything else that can hit me. Hang in there warm weather is here and so is the sunshine.