Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Halloween quilt (edited)

I edited the post to show what I did to the Halloween quilt today. I took it to the shop and no one seemed to catch on to the fact that I had quilted a spider web all over it so I decided to make it more noticeable. I ran to Hobby Lobby and bought a metallic paint pen and just went over my quilt lines. I like the way it turned out! NOW I'll hang it at the shop! lol Stayed with Dad until 5 and left him sleeping. Joe was home. Dad seems to have had a reaction to the flu shot we took on Monday. I hope he feels better tomorrow.

So, here's what I've done instead of cleaning my sewing room. I saw the orange fabric as I was thinking of sorting through things and decided to make a Halloween quilt. I thought a big spider web would be the ideal quilting pattern. I hope you can see it in the closeup. I'll bind it and hang it at the shop. Stash busting at it's best!
It was another slow day at work, but tomorrow should pick up. Leota had some minor surgery done and will probably not be back to work this week.

Time to take the contacts out. I may have to try to get an appointment with the eye doc sooner than December 10. I've waited this long, maybe I can hold out until then.

6 comments:

Gina said...

I love the quilt now it's finished. The quilting looks great on it.

love and hugs xxx

Mary Johnson said...

Looks great! I've got a twisted log cabin pattern that I've been meaning to make...just wish I had enough time to make all the quilts on the list.

Gina said...

I like what you've done to show up the quilting. It looks fabulous now.
love and hugs

Valerie said...

Oh now that is really creative! I will be using that idea too, if you don't mind! I can see a table topper with that spider web quilting on it! Great job! :)

Darling Jill Quilts said...

That looks great! I really like the spider web!

Silverthimble said...

I really, really, really love that spiderweb quilting! Kudos to your creativity!