Friday, September 18, 2009

Bits and pieces

The newest addition to my sewing room is this 22" flat screen, Phillips television. I was having some issues with my old TV so I decided to treat myself to a new one. I love it!
Sew, what's this, you say? A jelly roll? No. One of those MRI pictures sliced to show the inner workings of our brain? lol No. It's part of my collection of odds and ends of bindings. When I make binding for a quilt, big or small, I never measure so as to come out "just right". I like to have some left over so I can use the pieces on scrap quilts. I love the effect of a scrappy binding.

Alright, I admit it. I didn't feel like working on the quilt tonight so I found some stray pink yarn and worked up this little beanie cap. After all, it's getting cooler outside and little heads with little or no hair will need to keep warm. I hope this one fits Kerrington. If not, it will go to a certain not-yet-born baby girl in OKC :-)

We all went to dinner tonight at Applebees. Judy, Joe, Robert, April, Kerrington, Jim and I. We had an enjoyable time and the food was good. Jim might have something to say about that since the veggie on his plate was (gasp) broccoli! But, I am proud to report he ate it all. He was hungry! lol

Off to bed in anticipation of another Saturday morning. Busy day ahead of me. Thank you, Lord! It's also massage day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Veronica , I love your binding supply ! Off for a massage , good for you !