Monday, September 28, 2009

Finally, a finish


Here's the yellow background quilt I had been asked to finish for a client/friend. The top is very, very old. I don't know exactly how old, but I would imagine at least 50 years. Some of the seams of the stars were coming apart so I had to mend them. I hope they will be happy with the design I decided on for the quilting. It feels good to finish a larger project for a change.

I've started a quilt for my niece's baby to be born in November. It will use blocks that Mom and Aunt Dolores painted many years ago. I'll post a picture as soon as I get them put together. If you look closely, you can see a snippet of the pieces of the quilt in the left bottom corner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....the stars look great. Your client will be very pleased!!! Can't wait to see the baby quilt.
Have an awesome day,
Barb