Friday, December 08, 2006

Dad


Now I know why I've never been able to keep a diary or journal. I forget to sit down to write something!


It's been a long week with Dad in the hospital. Judy and I got home early Tuesday morning. She went back Wednesday and I stayed in Clovis to work. Hopefully, Dad will be coming home today, Friday, a mere week since his open heart surgery. He's doing well, except for the expected depression that sets in after this type of ordeal. Our brother Henry has been with him since Tuesday. Good thing he is here! He's been a big help in helping Dad to the bathroom and such. I know he's tired and he still plans on staying with Dad once he gets home, at least until Sunday. I'm so thankful he has a job that allows him to work from his laptop and cell phone while being away from the office.

I took this picture of Dad the day after surgery when they'd moved him to his room. He had some delusionary moments but everything he's experiencing is normal, they say.
Since I've been home, I've been working on a Christmas gift quilt for a family member. I have several more I want to get quilted before Christmas but we'll have to see how that goes. They may get a note in a card or just the completed top.
We're still planning on going to Robert's graduation next weekend. Jim and I, that is. I know that child can't wait to get home and help with his grampa! He's a great kid.
I better get my hair dry and makeup on and head off to work. Massage day today!

No comments: