Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hopital notes

Still in Lubbock. Hopefully, we will be able to take Dad home sometime this weekend. They've gotten all the fluid off of him. So much so that his kidney numbers began to rise again. Before they would put him on dialysis again, though, the renal doc stopped the heavy duty diuretics and the numbers have begun to drop again. He was very tired today but they tell me that's because he's so dehydrated.

I've been working on the crocheted dishrag dresses and have completed 8 in the last 2 days. I'm so glad I picked up that cotton thread. I wish I'd gotten another skein of the soft green so I can finish my afghan, but that will have to wait 'til later.

I'm afraid this will be a short post. I'm so tired I can't even think.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Your poor dad is certainly having a time of it. And, from experience, I know that the family suffers as much, if differently. Praying for all of you.

Jeanne said...

Keeping your dad and your family in my prayers. I hope he is able to go home with you soon.

Susan said...

I hope you are back home with your dad by now. He's having an adventure, that's for sure. Maybe one he'd prefer to pass up!