Sunday, August 23, 2009

A lazy Sunday

Still feel as though I'm forgetting something very important. Not having to take Dad his Sunday morning coffee makes me a little sad. Yet, I still feel his presence. I slept in a little this morning and before I ever sat down at the 'puter, I decided I'd better take care of some paperwork. That done, and breakfast over, I worked on the baby quilt for a while. Then Judy and I met one of my consultants at the shop. Kym attended the Scentsy convention in Utah last week and had lots of things to share and show. She's a sweet girl and is one of my favorite consultants. Actually, she's one of my first ones!

I'd like to take this moment to remind all of you who enjoy Scentsy that all products are 10% off for the month of August. There are quite a few scents that are being discontinued in the Fall/Winter catalog. If you would like to know if your favorite scent is still going to be available, give me a call or drop me a line. You can order online at www.scentsy.com/4886.

After coming home from my meeting with Kym, I took a nap. Nearly two hours! I guess I needed it. I'm not sleepy now but I really need to get to bed since it's almost midnight. But, before I go, I leave you with a couple of pictures of two of the baby quilt blocks I quilted tonight.
I'm doing this one with the quilt-as-you-go technique. I still haven't decided what fabrics I'll use to connect the blocks. It's a little scary to use a solid color on the back since it is not very forgiving of any mistakes made. But, I really like the feel of this soft cotton fabric. I'm glad I decided to use this quilting "pattern". It's really just a freestyle meandering.

Off to bed so I can see our little Kerrington tommorrow. Have not seen her since last Wednesday when I left their house so I'm needing my Kerrington fix! Have a good week if I don't get back here until the weekend.

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

Love your quilting motif. It shows up beautifully on the back and adds interest to the front.

Have a great week, V.