Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Granddaughter delight!

We were lucky enough to spend some time at the lake this past weekend with Rob, April and K. Here's K. playing in her pool in the trailer's front yard. She was playing with a coaster, I think. Jim and Rob played golf on Saturday. April, K. and I followed the play around the first nine holes. Since it's only a nine hole course, we opted to go back to the cooler trailer while they finished the second nine. After dinner, we chilled and watched a bit of TV until the storm knocked the satellite out more than it was on. Early to bed on Saturday night since we would be up by 5:30 to get out on the boat before the heat set in. We were out until about 11 a.m. then came in. Jim and I decided to come on home since I wasn't feeling my best. Rob's little family stayed the afternoon to do a little more fishing and swimming. Oh, yes, I have bronchitis again. But, we had a good time getting out of Clovis and making memories with K and her parents.
Another memory-making opportunity showed itself this week when Brittany hit town. My oldest granddaughter, she'll be 11 in August, spent the last two nights with us. And, the last two days with K and me. In this picture, B. is modeling a crocheted cell phone carrier I made for her to house her new phone. I'd noticed she kept misplacing it. What 11 year old wouldn't, right? So, she chose the color of the thread, I modified a pattern I found and added the bling "B" and button. She loves it, of course. Bless her heart, she loves everything I ever make for her. She was missing her daddy so he came to pick her up tonight. We'll probably have a few more nights together before she goes home in two weeks.

I hope my meds hurry up and kick in. I've been coughing my head off the last few days. If I continue to have episodes of bronchitis, the doc wants to test to confirm or deny asthma. Especially since the beta blocker for high blood pressure I'm on is not one they prescribe for asthmatics. Since B. is gone tonight, I better plan to turn in early. Busy day at work tomorrow.

No comments: