Sunday, August 27, 2006

Birds in the Windows



I am such a sucker for a new quilt pattern! This one is called "Window Panes". The one I took my inspiration from was hanging at the Oklahoma Quiltworks shop where we had our "Quilt 'til you Wilt" session. My sister-in-law, Shanon, took one look at it and decided she loved it. The original quilt, though, had a garden of roses behind the window panes. But, I found this fabric with the birds (she's a bird lover) and could not resist it. So, Shanon, if you read this, pretend you didn't, 'cause it's your Christmas gift! LOL The neatest thing about this pattern is that when you cut the pieces as instructed and then sew them back together with the panes, the motif is actually continued from one "window pane" to the next. You can see that in the close-up of the birds. I'm hoping the border is not too loud but I couldn't resist using it since it was in my stash. You might recognize the fabric from my reversible quilt. Had lots left over. Time to let DH have his turn on the computer. Can't wait 'til my laptop gets here! lol

4 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

What is the pattern information? I love how the bird continues from one pane to the next... (That might be a good pattern for a piece of cat fabric...)

Nancy said...

I really like this. It would be great to use a piece of "can't cut it" fabric in since you don't lose the fabric design. Alas I'm not allowing myself any new patterns for the rest of the year. But I'm betting they'll still be selling it come January. :-)

Hedgehog said...

What a great way to highlight a large print! Great colors, too!

Linda C said...

Nice and bright. Nancy is right about it being one that you could avoid cutting into little bitty pieces. A pattern that would work well for the donation quilts, I would say--also one I could have used then I cut up some cat fabrics one of my friends had challenged me to use! (Still not sewn but cut--one of these days!)