Monday, August 14, 2006

DWR fever!



I have finished DWR runner number 5 and have actually started on number 6! I also finished sewing the blocks together for my Chunky Churn Dash. But, the biggest news of the weekend is that I received my niece's wedding quilt in the mail from my friend in Tucson. I had sent the quilt top home with her from our retreat in Amarillo a few weeks ago and she made it a priority to get it done since I need to take it to OKC this week to present to my niece and her husband. I have it ready now for binding so I need to go get more black fabric to do that. I can't post a picture yet 'cause I want it to be a surprise for Cori. In fact, I want to take a picture of both of them holding it up.

Anyway, these DWR runners are coming along. I've posted a close-up of the quilting on the latest one. I really like the little hearts in the middle of the large section. Since I haven't been binding them the traditional way (I've just been turning them inside out once I layer all 3 layers then topstitching), I need to find out if someone has an easy way to close up the opening left when doing this. I can't seem to end up with a smooth, even closure. You can see where I did that on this picture on the lower right hand side near the point. I think it's especially harder since it's on a curve. When I think of all the arcs I've made, I realize I could've made a whole quilt by now! lol Oh well, that's next on my list.

I'm off today and so is DH. So, I think I'll go get him up so we can go to breakfast and get some shopping done. Have to do laundry and start packing for the weekend.

No comments: