Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday morning

The QOR Mystery quilt, sans borders. I knew I wasn't going to have enough of the inner fabric to finish the border. So, now I have to try to find something that will compliment the center.
This little cutie is my granddaughter, Brittany. Her daddy went to OK to pick her up last Friday and she will be with us until Father's Day. The first night she was with us, she showed me how to make a scarf with the yarn I mistakenly bought when I started making the dishcloths. She just wound it around her fingers in a pattern, then took it off her hand and pulled it taut. It made a tube-like scarf. She learned how to do it in Girl Scouts. It was so nice to watch her do something creative. I can't wait to have more time with her to show her how to quilt!

I'm sitting here watching the physical therapists help Dad get up to walk. He's much stronger so we'll see how far he can make it today. He started complaining and the therapist said, "He's feeling better!" He retorted, "Why, because I'm complaining?" But, he was smiling when he said it. He walked about 20 feet and now he'll sit in the big wheelchair and I'll take him down to the Dayroom so we can both do some exercises.

...It's now two hours later and we have exercised and had lunch. Dad is back in bed, snoring, and I am beat! I can't decide whether to take a nap or run to the hotel and reserve a room for Judy for when she gets in tonight. That way, I could take my shower today as well as tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, a doctor came in today to let us know that Dad will be getting a more permanent catheter for dialysis. They will do it tomorrow either before or after he is dialyzed. This is in preparation to moving him into another facility.

2 comments:

Shelina said...

That's a pretty quilt, Veronica, with or without a border.
I'm so glad your father is feeling better. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Your granddaughter is a cutie. She will be a quilter in no time!

Susan said...

I love your quilt, even without a border. In fact, unless you want it bigger, you could just stop there. =) It's so interesting that how you turn the corner blocks makes a different pattern.

Glad to know your dad was up and around!