Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Almost home!

I know I've posted these images before, but this quilt is going with me to the retreat this weekend. It's the one I made using squares we traded last year at the retreat. The challenge was to make a project with those squares. So, here it is. Can't wait to show it off! lol The back is a top I made years ago but didn't like. If you notice, the star tips get lost because the print does not go all to the way to the tip. The plan is for Deborah and I to leave Thursday after work because the retreat begins on Friday at 9 a.m. or so.


Okay, back to the title of this post. The doctor on the rehab floor came in this morning and asked us if we felt we could handle it at home. Of course! We do most of the stuff ourselves now! Dad will still go to rehab once we get settled at home, too. He likes it! He feels so much better doing the exercises and I think he really enjoys the fellowship with the other patients. So, the doctor said that she will talk with his therapists tomorrow morning, Wednesday, and see when he can go home. Let's pray it's at least by the end of the week! Selfishly, that way I won't have to turn around after I get home from Amarillo to get back to Lubbock. I tell Judy I bet she'll get him home by Saturday.

Dad is doing his morning PT right now and will go to dialysis this afternoon. I need to run to Wal Mart and do some other errands so I better get things put away here. Thank you all for your prayers and keep them up!!

1 comment:

Shelina said...

A retreat sounds like fun, and a much needed respite. Your wedding ring quilt is so beautiful. I just love all the bright colors, the complicated workmanship. The spring splash (at least it looks like that pattern) looks great too - I think it looks fine that the star is somewhat hidden.