Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hmmm...


My first attempt at color embroidery. Surely there's a technical name for it, but I can't think of it right now. I thought that the more I practiced the art of embroidery, the better I'd get at it. But, I feel that this piece really shows me how much more practice I really need! I have never been able to do a satin stitch to my liking and some of my lines could be a bit straighter. I used regular Crayola crayons for the coloring. I'm ok with it, but I really want to explore other coloring pencils for this type of work. Looking at the birds makes me think a grade schooler colored them! lol Oh well, it'll work up nicely into a bed pocket and maybe no one will notice the childishness of it. And then, perhaps, that may add to its charm.

It's Saturday so I'm off to get ready for another busy, busy day. Working only three days a week almost leaves me breathless when trying to keep up with all my customer requests. I don't like to say "no" and sometimes it gets me in trouble, timewise. But, most, if not all, my clients are so sweet and patient. Thank you all!

2 comments:

tich said...

I really like your embroidery. I think it is cute!
tich

Angie in SoCal said...

Your block is charming, Veronica! I really like it. What do you mean a bed pocket?