Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What you do when the baby's sleeping


Kerrington and I spent about two and half hours at my house today. While she took a nap, I made this Bed Pocket. You place the background piece between the mattress and box spring and the pocket holds things that tend to fall off your night stand. In order for it not to slip out, you need to pin it with safety pins or mattress pins. I think I'll use "T" pins. Is that the same thing as a mattress pin? This is my trial project since I want to make one for my Stitcher's Angel project. I will probably do some embroidery on the next one.
Another project for my Angel swap partner. This started out a little bit bigger to fit a composition book. By the time I was finished with it, it was about a quarter of a inch too small. So, I bought a little smaller book and revised the cover to fit. I will have three stitched items to send to her by the end of the month. It's going to Australia so I need to get it in the mail.

I have really enjoyed working on these crocheted hats. I've got a couple more started. Can you say "attention deficit syndrome"? lol I don't know why I tend to jump from one project to another. I really try to finish what I start, but I have a lot of things started!

I am yawning and so I assume it's time to go to bed since it's after 11 p.m. I get started on something around 9 p.m. and I can't put it down. I've really got to learn some discipline. But, I love doing this.

No comments: