Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Shades of the past

I'm not sure how old this quilt top might be but we think it might be close to 100 years old. It's been patiently waiting in a box in a client's closet all these years. The backing fabric she brought me to use is a solid turquoise, the color of some of the tumblers.  This will be interesting. I like to use a print for my backs because they tend to hide a multitude of quilting sins, of which I have many. Lol. She also brought me a box full of hand pieced blocks. I haven't looked at them closely but I know I will work those in my QAYG (quilt as you go) technique. I am hoping that this quilt is going to be easier to handle under the sewing machine needle than the tshirst quilt was.  I had to enlist Jim's help in holding the weight of that quilt as I was nearing the end. It just got so heavy! I used muscles I forgot I had! LOL 

By the way, I am really enjoying the blogging experience once again! Please drop me a note if you've stopped by. I'd love to hear from my "old" friends! Good to hear from you, Linda and Deb!

No comments: