Outstide, anyway! My sewing room is still a mess, but I have finally undertaken the job of weeding out my scraps. I've decided that my students (Judy and April) and I need to make this quilt. So, I will cut my medium to dark scraps into 5 1/2" squares and 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" strips. I'll need to buy the light fabric, unless I find I have enough scraps for that, too. I imagine I have enough scraps for each of us to make a quilt, and then some. I told them this will be our year-long project. It's not a hard pattern. I think the most time-consuming aspect of it will be the actual cutting of the scraps. But, now that I have a quilt in mind, I am psyched!
Here is one pile of scraps. I know, I know! What a mess. This pile doesn't look as bad right now since I've rearranged the scraps to be a little more controlled. lol yeah, right! This picture was taken a few months ago, so the pile is actually a bit taller now but not so scattered. But, remember, there are at least two more piles almost this big!
Alrighty! Here are the first piles of the scraps that have been cut. These two piles represent only about half of the amount of squares and strips needed for one quilt. If I come in here and cut for about 15 min. at a time, I should be able to get all the scraps, okay, most of them, cut in about a month. LOL Oh, I'm also cutting 2 1/2" strips because I really enjoy doing scrappy bindings. And, I've got a pile of 2" strips just in case I have a mind to work on some Log Cabins.
I've been doing all this while waiting for April to text me with news about how Rob is doing. He's been having some back pain, radiating to the front and it has affected his breathing a bit. They are at the ER and she wrote to tell me that they say he has pleurisy but he will be fine. He got a shot in the butt (he'll be glad to know that I've told the world! lol) and was sent home with meds and instructions to rest. Apparently, he should be well enough to go to work tomorrow. Thank you, April, for taking such good care of him!
I've also finished the binding on the last Cow-oh-boy quilt I made last year. 'Bout time! I'd forgotten all about it. It was in a sack, by the door, full of other fabrics. I have also quilted 12 lotto blocks in preparation to put them together for a deserving person in our list.