Saturday, January 05, 2008

Quilting 101

Here are my students! LOL We had a great time on Saturday afternoon until about 7:30. Judy, April, Robert, (yes, we dragged Rob to the fabric store) and I shopped for sewing notions and fabric so April can make her first quilt. She (we) decided on a rag quilt since it's a relatively easy one to make as a first quilt. We came home, cut all the fabric and batting, pulled out the Bernina machine that Deborah has so good-naturedly let me "store" for her, and we went to town! Rob and Judy shopped for dinner and so we ate hurriedly on Albertson's chicken, potato salad and beans.
Of course, Judy is my Quilting 102 student and was a very good assistant. As soon as April has her first quilt finished, I'll post a picture.

Time to change clothes to get to the gym. My Jim here at home is not feeling too well since his back has been giving him fits the last few days. Joe came over and gave him a massage and now he's taken some meds. I hope he begins to feel better, soon! I don't like him sickly.. lol

I'll be back to comment on Susan's "Make my day" award. Thanks, Susan!

7 comments:

April and Robert said...

Ok I am here but I have reached my limit alone...I think. I am ready for my next lesson...but I hope to have this quilt finished by Monday night....you might have hooked me professor Goff! Love ya...April

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. Great to hear you're making another quiltaholic.

Deborah

Susan said...

What a great project. I love how it became a "family" affair. =) Keep spreading the joy. =)

You're welcome!

Lindy from Indy said...

Hey Veronica - wished I lived closer to join in the fun!! Your blog was very inspiring! Can't wait to see more! Lindy

Franie said...

Your enthusiasm is infectious you know.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Congrats on having another student! I can't wait to see her finished quilt!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I have tagged you on my blog to do a post about 7 random or wacky things about yourself.

Here's my post with instructions.

http://jillquilts.blogspot.com/2008/01/7-random-and-wacky-things-about-me.html

I can't wait to see your post!