Sunday, March 02, 2008

Another Nativity

Some of you might remember the Nativity Scene I worked up in December. It was made with a pattern called "Window Panes". I've been toying with the idea that I could make it up using an actual Attic Window pattern. I ordered several more Nativity panels and this one was different from the others. I closed my eyes (well, not really) and just jumped right in and starting cutting and sewing. I wanted to do a perspective attic window but I have no pattern to go by and my head just hurt too much today to even try to figure it out. So, I did a traditional Attic Window, added borders and I like it. The wavy part of the border is just that I didn't smooth it out on the flannel design wall.

So, Jim asks me, "Are you looking in or out of this window?" I hadn't even thought about it! Upon further thought, I realized that you must be looking out of the window since you can see sky! LOL Oh, a side note...The blue border fabric was bought just last night as an impulse buy when I stopped by Hobby Lobby for fabric for the mini kaleidoscope. I saw this rolled up piece of fabric in the remnant bin and just picked it up. Works perfectly for this piece.

My headache is much better now so I think I'll have a bowl of cereal. We're listening to the wind blowing outstide bringing in some winter weather. Maybe I'll have to stay in tomorrow and sew!

4 comments:

Deb Sews Quilts said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!!!

Gina said...

That's fabulous. I'm going to have to have a go at that.

love and hugs xxx

Granny said...

I love what you did with the nativity scene window! I've never thought about whether you'd be looking in or out of the window on those type quilts!

Susan said...

I love your Nativity quilt.f