Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sunbonnet Sue dilemma solved


Thanks to all who gave me their input on what to do! I decided on the more simple advice - echo quilt around the doll one more time. It looks pretty good. I should take a picture of the back, and I will once I have it all done, because it looks really neat. There is a cornerstone that gave me some trouble since it's not pieced quite accurately so the fabric was not lying smoothly and I was getting a huge pucker. I just took out some stitches, folded the excess in towards a seam, quilted over that and I think it will be fine. This has been so much fun to work on. As usual, click on the picture to get a closer look.

In addition to quilting on the Sue quilt, last night I made 3 Super Sized Nine Patch baby quilt tops. Blame April! LOL She called and had me look at this pattern to see if I thought she'd be able to whip these up in no time. Well, it only took me an hour to cut and sew and now I have 3 quilt tops to sell or give away. I'd seen this pattern before, and had seen the lady demonstrate it on Simply Quilts and knew I'd have to try it someday. I want to get other, more contrasting juvenile fabric and try it again. I'm not sure how well you can see the patterns in this picture. So, April, go for it! LOL

I'm off to work. Early day today and I have some Scentsy calls to make after work.

1 comment:

Franie said...

The pattern for these were posted in a magazine. I did some too--they are easy and fast aren't they? Might be good idea to have some made ahead.