Monday, March 17, 2008

It's Monday, again.

Sunday night was spent teaching Judy how to quilt one of the Super sized nine patch quilts. She caught on very well after a few rows of circles. It just takes practice and these little quilts are perfect for that. I'm waiting for a picture to show ya'll how well she did.

This is a picture of the back of another round robin vest I'm working on. The owner requested an Oriental theme, just like the last one I worked on. We're trying to use different styles and techniques on each vest we work on so I chose to use a curve pattern. These are clamshells. If you examine it, you can see the clamshell pattern especially where the contrast is the greatest. I cut half circles and left them a bit longer, as you can see in the bottom row, then sewed fusible interfacing on, turned inside out, and they are ironed on. I still need to applique, with monofilament thread, around all the curves. I really like the look. It's different. She wanted black and white with a touch of color. The owner of the vest did the upper part and paper-pieced the stylized fern.

I have finished the Sunbonnet Sue quilt and will take a picture of the whole thing today.

Time to get ready for the day.

1 comment:

Franie said...

This is turning out to be quite interesting to say the least. Nice job.