Monday, March 10, 2008

Sunbonnet Sue dilemma


This is a client's top that her mother did and she has asked me to quilt it for her. I like the flowers I did in the sashing, and I outlined the Sue, but I'm wondering if I need more quilting around the doll. If so, what shall I do? Stippling? Large meandering? I'd really like to leave it as is, but if ya'll think it needs more, I'll do it. lol Help! My sister suggested the same flower in front of the doll. I thought that might work and I told her I could have the stem coming out of her sleeve since she has no hands. She thought that'd be kinda creepy. lol I'm thinking the flowers at the bottom will have to be a bit wider to fit the space better but, all in all, I'm liking the look. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Susan said...

As long as it has a decent batting in it, that should be fine. I like your flowers, too. If you are really worried about it, you might do another echo around the doll or 1/2" away from the block edge.

Mary Johnson said...

I just saw quilting in a embroidered lady block that looked great and pretty easy too. They were vertical lines with tiny flowers and it looked like wallpaper. I saved a photo so if you'd like to see it - just email me. mmcjohnson@gmail.com