Monday, July 21, 2008

Catching up

Spent some time at Dad's making the square dishrag. I've never used the afghan stitch before and I find I really enjoy it. It's a bit tedious and it doesn't go as fast as regular crochet, but I like the finished effect. The round dishrag I made last night because I didn't have the energy to do anything else.
After I got home from Dad's yesterday morning, I made this little pincushion. It's a "thank you" for one of the gals in the online quilt group that played a big part in the retreat. I hope to get it and the square dishrag in the mail to her this week.

On another note...I hope that these posts don't indicate that I am the sole caregiver for my dad. Far from it. Without my husband, my sister and my sons and daughter-in-law (not to mention the caregivers that come in daily) I couldn't do this. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. I think we all feel that we spend an enormous amount of time at Dad's, and we do, but I think that for the most part, we are all contributing in every way we can. There is NO way that any one person can do this. "It takes a village!" LOL With the exception of my retired husband, we all have daily jobs, too. So, kudos to all members of my family! I love you guys and I know Dad is appreciative even though he may be a bit argumentative at times. Can you blame him? If we put ourselves in his place, I think we would not be the most enjoyable people to be around at times, either. He does have his moments and he had us all laughing yesterday.

We're getting ready for another Lubbock trip today. Jim is going with us again and for that, I am most appreciative. They help us a lot in Lubbock, but it gives me peace of mind knowing I have my "muscle" with me. lol Thanks, honey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself while taking care of Dad. It is a monumental task. I helped take care of my Mom when she was diagnosed with inoperable cancer. It was very hard watching her deteriorate daily but I am glad I spent the time with her. Good thing you have quilting to keep you sane!
Dawn in MA