Monday, December 29, 2008

a Monday at home


A rare Monday at home today was spent in the sewing room with Brittany. She always wants to sew "something, Grama!" So, today she sewed the top of this doll quilt. I quilted it for her but she said we should tell people she did it all. lol Then we made her friend a little box purse, another tea wallet for Brit and one for her mom. Then we embroidered her little brother's initials on a furry blanket. Oh, at 1p.m., we met Judy at Applebee's for a girls' day out lunch. We had a lot of fun.

After Brit and Joe left tonight, I decided I'd finish this needlebook for Judy. I'd already embroidered the "J". I just needed to figure out what else I wanted to do.


I think it came out really well. These little things come in handy when you take your handwork anywhere.

I'm feeling much better but Judy is not. Tonight she's having the night I had about 8 or 9 days ago. I can't believe how long this stuff has hung on. I still cough every now and then. Dad is doing better, still coughing. Jim is recuperating as well.

Another "week interrupted" this week what with Thursday being the first of January. We'll be busy tomorrow as well as Wednesday. Then, back to normal on Friday. So, it's off to bed.

1 comment:

~JoAnn~ said...

Veronica, Tell your granddaughter that her doll quilt is just gorgeous...she does better work than me...maybe she can teach me how???
Hope you are feeling better
Blessings,Joann