A quilty clock! How about this one? Just a 12" quilted block with a clock mechanism attached. I saw this in a Fons and Porter magazine, December '07 to be exact, and decided I'd give it a try. The block and quilting was a breeze except that I used tissue paper to get the quilting motif on. Well, all was fine until it came time (no pun intended, lol) to remove the paper. It came off easily everywhere but in the stitching. I even wet it down a bit to see if it would help. Nope. Finally, I took the back edge of a craft knife and carefully scraped along the stitching. Came right up! Now, not the sharp end, mind you. The BACK end of the knife. Anyway, I'm happy with it now.
The petals of the clock are not very visible, but they do indicate the hour. If I make another one, I might "bling" it up a bit and glue some gems where the numbers go.
I haven't fixed spaghetti in ages but tonight was the night. I thought I had a whole can of spaghetti but, instead, it's vermicelli. Oh well, cooked up about the same. I've eaten my share of it so it's time to get back to my machine.