Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Girl's day out

"Amarillo by morning" was the song Judy and I were singing (not literally, lol) yesterday morning. We went to Amarillo and spent the day shopping. We found some silk poinsettias to set out on Mom's headstone since December 1 is her birthday. I used to send her a plant on her birthday every year to help start the Christmas season and I don't see why I can't continue. We got home about 5:30 and ran straight to the cemetery to place the flowers. Wasn't quite dark, but almost.

Once home, I fixed Jim a bit of dinner and then I started right in on the potholders you see here.
I had already made the tops so they just needed to be sandwiched and sewn. Took about 3 hours to make 14 of them.

I will not be in the shop today since I have to take Dad back to Lubbock. They want to see him a week earlier because his legs are doing better and I think they just want to keep a close eye on them at this point. Thank God it's not snowing!

Off to pay bills and get deposits ready..

No comments: