Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday musings and more Betty

Here it is, Sunday again. I didn't get up until just before it was time to run to Dad's to fix his breakfast. My hair was a total wreck since I wore my curly wiglet to work yesterday so I just slapped it back on this morning. Could not wait to get home again to take it off! lol

So, I got home and fixed breakfast, checked email, talked to Judy online for a bit and told her I was going to take a nap. Before I left the sewing room, however, I thought I'd make the straps for the new Betty Boop bag. Well, once the straps were done, it was just a matter of minutes to make the zipper casing. Okay, now all those pieces were ready, why not attach them? There you go..no nap, but the Betty Boop bag is now finished. The first BB bag I made will be, as I mentioned, a tote/diaper bag for carrying BG's things around once she makes her appearance and grama is blessed with being able to cart her around. THIS bag will be my spring purse, I think. I'm not sure about the buttons I've put on it so I will be on the lookout for cute, appropriate buttons next time I'm at WalMart or Hobby Lobby.


On the back of the bag (you can't really see it) I've designated a small pocket to hold my cell phone. That was Jim's idea. I really would've liked to have added a side pocket, but this pattern calls for the front and back to be sewn together therefore, there are no "sides" to sew in more pockets. I didn't want to just throw a pocket on there.

A side note..When the pattern calls for a 22" zipper, use a 22" zipper! LOL Jim and I both decided that since I didn't have a 22" zipper, a 20" zipper would fit just fine. Well, it does, but not until after a bit of a struggle to finish the ends off like they should be.

I do want to thank Deborah for the Betty Boop fabric. I don't know if she still reads my blog, but I'm sure she probably knew that I would put the fabric to good use. Some of the material in the first bag was a gift from her as well. Thanks, Deborah! Never let it be said that I don't try to give credit where credit is due!
I am MOST appreciative of any and all fabrics and notions that come my way from friends and/or strangers.

It's almost 2 p.m. and I'm thinking I'll go try to get that nap in now. I still want to do some paperwork and pay bills and change out my purse but a quick nap just feels like the thing to do. I hope you all are having a restful Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love those little sunglasses on there! How cute. Wonderful bag. I love Betty Boop, too. Cartoons were on TV when I was little, and I've always loved her. I think it's great that she's made a comeback in fabric, at least.