Sunday, September 10, 2006

Advent quilt updated



I decided to work on a few of the miniature quilts for the Advent quilt. I quilted six more. When I say 'quilted' I mean applying the 1/8" border so I can apply the binding. The border doesn't start out that small, but once I trim things down, that's how small it ends up. I decided to go with a red border after I finished the candles. I'm using a black binding that I finish by hand. I had thought I'd just make the border big enough to turn under on the back, but it didn't look right to me. The 5-pointed star is not quilted in this picture. My sewing room is a total disaster since I've pulled out containers full of scraps to pull from as I do these. But, I'm not going to worry about that right now. I need to have all that fabric at my fingertips so I can just "do it!" lol

Judy and I got our cardio done early so when I got home I was able to watch the 9/11 special. That's when I hand-stitched the bindings on the quilts. Through my tears, of course.

I hope I'm not coming down with a cold. My throat is scratchy and I've been sneezing a little. Jim is sick with a cold and that's very unusual for him. No kisses for him!

No comments: