Thursday, September 28, 2006

No, No, No!!

 

I can't believe I did this. Linda gave me a good suggestion as to how to quilt this thing and but I didn't wait for her response. No, instead, I forged ahead 'cause I just knew the "feathers" would look fine. Well, no they don't! I didn't like the way the feathers were looking so I filled in with some random stitches and now my turkeys look like they're dancing! LOL Not to mention the wavy effect going on along the edges! Oh well, I'm ashamed to even show this to ya'll, but DH says, "It looks fine!" What does he know? I will make another one and do the cross-hatching that Linda suggested. Quilt and learn, right? I told Linda I would post this only to remind me of what NOT to do.

Back to the cutting table... Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Patti said...

Don't be so hard on yourself - your DH is right! It loooks just fine. Obviously it's not what you wanted, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your quilting. It just doesn't suit the tablerunner as well as crosshatching would. If you don't like it then it will make a great gift - someone will love it!

Anonymous said...

For what it is worth - I agree with your hubby...

Linda C said...

Patti's right, Veronica. I wonder if you could block this?? Get it damp, pin it down into the proper size and let it dry and maybe the waviness will take care of itself?

I am still looking at the turkey as a possibility---scaled down--for my calendar quilt.

Hedgehog said...

It does look fine!! You might do it differently next time, but live and learn!

Hedgehog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Silverthimble said...

I think it is cute! If you wash it, you may find that the resulting "antique" effect will take away from what you don't like.

Pam said...

I like it! Feathers makes total sense with the turkeys! If you really don't feel like you can use it as is, my mail box is open and I will go sit on the porch with a cup of coffee and wait for the the mailman.

You know....if you don't try what you think will work you will always wonder.

Nancy said...

I have to side with your DH. It looks just fine! And besides that it's done. And we all know DONE is better than perfect any day!