Thursday, September 14, 2006

Today's gift

Do I have good friends, or what!? Deborah, my traveling quilt buddy, stopped by the shop today and handed me a book, "Pink Ribbon Quilts" and a pack of 8 gorgeous fat quarters from the Pink Quilt line (I think that's what it's called). So, I just couldn't wait to make at least one block from the pattern that was enclosed with the FQs. Thank you, Deborah! Just in time for October's breast cancer awareness. One more UFO in progress! lol

  Posted by Picasa


I also gave my good friend, Leota, her quilt today. No picture yet. We were so busy at work and we never had a moment to take a picture of her with it. Plus, I would like to get the binding sewn on completely and I didn't have much time to work on it today. One good thing about my job - I can take 5 minutes between customers or while I'm waiting for a perm or color to process - and do some handwork.

Another good workout tonight. Maybe, just maybe, if I continue working out like I'm doing, I'll get back into that size 12...a 16 would be nice at this point.

Here's wishing all of you good, generous friends to brighten your days like my friends do for me!!

1 comment:

Linda C said...

Blogger was being so decidely uncooperative yesterday that I didn't get over to see what you were up to. I love the block--was that one in the book or did you "invent" it?

I saw some of the Quilt Pink fabric at one of the quilt shops Aline and I buzzed through on Weds. We were on a quest for a particular background fabric so didn't stick around. The 2nd store we must have pulled out every purple bolt they had for viewing purposes, LOL.

Hope you have a great weekend