Sunday, November 05, 2006

Home from Houston

And, boy, am I tired! I cannot remember when I've been this tired. We did so much while we were in Houston. In addition to the classes we attended, we also toured Galveston and were lucky enough to attend a Houston Rockets basketball game on Saturday night. Courtside seats, no less! What excitement! And, I'm not even a basketball fan but it was fantastic!


This wallhanging was the product of my Sunday morning mystery Christmas wallhanging class with teacher, Jenny Raymond. It was a fast and furious class but since we had all the pieces cut beforehand, things just rolled along smoothly. It's an easy pattern and was not hard at all. It's pretty wrinkled from being in the suitcase.


This compass is what I completed during the first class I took on Friday. The instructor was Judy Mathieson. It's her paper-piecing method where you don't sew on the paper but rather, beside the paper. It's a neat technique and I can't wait to finish the flying geese that will circle the compass.


Here's Yvonne, me and Suzy at the Convention Center in Houston. Notice my fat face? I think this prednisone has done it's thing. Now that I've tapered off of them, I think my face has already begun to de-swell. Is that a word? lol Anyway, these are the tablerunners I made for them as a housewarming gift and new kitchen gift. These are the sweetest girls you'll ever meet. So glad I got to see you!

I'm off to get ready for bed. So glad to be home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whose class did you take on Friday for the compass? /paula the_quilter at yahoo dot com

Pam said...

I am totally exhausted as well....but I REFUSE to say it has anything to do with age. I am so exhausted I haven't even unpacked! Which is unusual for me since I usually unpack within an hour of arriving home! Glad you had a great time at your quilt retreat. I too enjoyed my time away at "quilt camp"