Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Round Robin Flamingo comes home

 
 
It's been since April, I think, that this little pink flamingo Santa Claus left my house in need of some borders. The last lady had some major surgery and slowed it's journey home a bit, but she, in true quilter form, mustered up the energy to finish her round. I appreciate you, Terry! As with all these pictures, the "real thing" looks so much better than what I show you here. I sent them the flamingo with the santa hat and lots of tropical fabric. The ladies did a wonderful job.


  Posted by Picasa Someone wanted to see the midget blocks I've done so far. Here they are. I've been having some trouble getting the paperpieced blocks to come out the five inches the instructions say they should be. I am enjoying this process. I especially like having another block to look forward to every week.

One more sleep and it's off to Houston! I packed all my class stuff last night and finished the laundry. Tonight I'll pack my clothes, finish paying bills, and get the house ready for the cleaning ladies. I will probably not post again until I'm in Houston. I've decided to take my laptop. What good is it if I don't take it with me? And, that's why I wanted it, right?

Time to get ready for work. Have a wonderful day. It's cold outside! 30 degrees, wind chill 19 at 6 a.m.

2 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Cool round robin! Have a great trip.

Linda C said...

Turned out pretty well but look at the cool center for inspiration!

Hope you have a great time on your trip to Houston. I didnt know it got so cold out your way---brrrr.