Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Morning

Merry Christmas! We had very nice Christmas Eve with Dad, Judy, Joe and Brit, Robert and April.
Here's Dad with his gift from a friend. It's a pretty neat little door draft-stopper. The snowman's legs extend to fit along the bottom of the door.

Mr. Goff sure surprised me! Thank goodness I looked at my stocking last night and wondered why it was hanging a bit crooked. As I reached over to straighten it, I realized there was something in it! I didn't think we were going to do stockings this year since none of the kids were going to be here, so I turned to my daughter-in-law and said, "I need to go to Allsups!" LOL First, I found the smallest, wrapped gift I had for Jim and put it in the stocking. When we went to Judy's to bring back the gifts and posole, we stopped at Allsups and I stocked up on a few goodies. Sheesh! I should've known better. Jim is nothing if not a traditionalist. He misses Santa's visit now that there are no kids in the house. He had filled my stocking with all kinds of sewing notions. How's that for a thoughtful gift? After almost 25 years, the man continues to surprise me.

I woke up with a headache today. Actually, I woke up at 4 a.m. with one so I got up and took some meds. Obviously, it didn't help. I think there's some weather moving in. I need to fix breakfast and take more drugs so I can get over to Dad's. The nurse will be over today to change the dressing on his leg.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Your dad looks great! He must be getting healthier. Oh, I hadn't though about Allsup's in a while! =) Thank goodness you noticed the stocking was wonky! I'm so glad you had a great day. You deserved it.