Monday, December 10, 2007

See what I won!


I rarely ever walk away with a prize I really like when we play the exchange game at parties. But, today, at our quilt group luncheon, I won this cute 12 1/2" sq. snowmen block! My embroidered Mrs. Santa was a big hit, too and changed hands several times until the third person took it out of the game. There were some really beautiful winter-looking blocks there today. We had a nice lunch and good fellowship. It was raining outside and looked very wintry. Anyway, back to the snowman block..I'm thinking I might border it with red and green, quilt it and hang it up. Thanks, Sheryl! She does wonderful needle-turn applique. I think if you click on the picture, you can get a close-up look. Oh, the stocking hanging from the mitten of the smaller snowman is 3-D and pieced!

Jim and I went to WalMart for Dad this afternoon. I dragged him along with me because it was raining and I knew he'd help with the groceries. Then, we got back to Dad's and Jim peeled potatoes and I put on a pot of green chile stew. Good day for that!

Had some fun mail when I got home with Christmas cards and little gifties in them. All-in-all, a very nice day!

1 comment:

Susan said...

That is the cutest block! I know you will make a great quiltlet from it. The close-up shows lots of wonderful detail.

It sounds like your dinner was wonderful, even if it's cold outside!