Or, maybe it was Divine Intervention! LOL This printed panel was a remnant I picked up at WalMart for less than $2. I didn't even know what it was until I got home. Judy and I had been looking for "ugly" fabric to use in our rag rugs and this one looked possible, until I held it up! You can tell it was a remnant because the filigreed border around the edges is cut off the bottom. I think I'm going to cut the borders back to the red stripe and then decide on a 4" to 6" border. The pattern is one called "Window Panes". I was really amazed at how the numbers just fell into place as I started cutting the pieces. I had to sort of play with where I would cut some of the main pieces so as not to cut through a face, but, for the most part, the instructions worked out just fine.
Yes, looking at the picture on this page, I can see that it definitely needs the outer gold border removed.
I think I'll go work on the star quilt for a bit. I've got about 4 more rows to attach and then I'll make the binding.
Stopped by to see Dad today and he was doing great. He was even in the kitchen cooking potatoes!