Thursday, April 03, 2008

Here it is, the DWR, finished!

As promised, here's a picture of the DWR. With Rob and April holding it up, it doesn't look very big, but, remember, they're both over 6' tall! lol I didn't measure it, but it fits on the top of my king-size bed. It probably will fit a queen-size bed with a nice bed skirt. I'm not sure the closeup shows the quilting very well, but you can see some of it. I started working on this last year at the Amarillo retreat in June, I think. So, it took less than a year!
This has been a long day. I woke up with a sick headache and it didn't get much better throughout the day. I did get to work, but all I wanted to do was get home to sleep it off. I stopped by to see Dad after work and he was ready to go to town! lol I took him to get his spending money and his lottos. When he feels like getting out of the house, I have to put my little problems aside for a while. Once I got home, though, I slept about 2 hours. My head feels better now. Jim had dinner started when I woke up and that helped a lot.

I think I'll spend the rest of the night working on the binding on the mini kaleidoscopes that will hang in Judy's office this spring. Pictures later..

3 comments:

Gail said...

Very nice! I'm sure the couple were delighted to be given such a nice quilt.

Gina said...

It's turned out really well and I love the label you made for it

love and hugs xxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.