Thursday, April 17, 2008

Wednesday quilting


My name is Veronica and I am a quilt-aholic! LOL Yes, I admit it. When I know a quilt needs to get to someone, I can't help but work until it's done. This red, white and blue quilt will head out today to one of our group's dear friend who's husband is not expected to live. When they asked if we had any comfort quilts ready to go, I knew I had to whip this one out. With the blocks donated by QOR, backing from Leota and batting from Evie, I had all the makings of a comfort quilt. It took me about 5 1/2 hours to quilt and bind last night. The night before I had made the sashings and so when I got home yesterday, early, I put the top together. Then I threw dinner in the oven (Shake-n-Bake pork chops) and cooked potatoes to make mashed 'taters. While all that was cooking, I started quilting.

I used a different pattern than I've used on a larger quilt such as this. My favorite quilting pattern is the circle within a circle because it goes so quickly and looks nice in an all-over pattern. But, I've been reading about all the neat designs a body can do on a domestic machine with just a little practice. So, I gave it a whirl. I hope you can see some of the quilting if you click on the picture. I think I'm going to enjoy "letting go" and doing something different. I've got several baby quilts I'm going to practice on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

My name is Deborah and I'm an "Americana" aholic. I love this quilt. It really makes me want to dig into my stash of Americana fabric and start cutting. I like the quilting too.

Kim West said...

I really like this quilt - it would make a great "Quilt of Valor"!!!

MakesMeSmile said...

Oh Love that quilt Veronica! I really really like the fabric used in the borders. Who puts out that line? I don't think I've seen that one before

Karen said...

I love your patriotic quilt! The fabrics are perfect, especially the border. Great job!