Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday quilting

One of our little lady customers (90 years or so) fell and broke her arm - in 5 places between her elbow and shoulder! This happened last week and she is still in the hospital. Unfortunately, both her elderly brothers are in the hospital, too! So, I thought she could use a "hug quilt". These blocks are from the lotto/comfort quilt collection. I thought about using another color, pink, maybe, to sash these with but I didn't want it to look like a baby quilt. I think this looks more like one for an adult. It's just big enough to be a lap quilt.
This is the back of the same quilt. The bottom picture is just a close-up of the quilting. It actually looks better just as you see it instead of clicking and enlarging. I've finished it just in time to take to show-and-tell at group tomorrow. I'll also be taking both the kaleidoscope quilts and the DWR I recently finished. It will be nice to see the ladies again. I've decided to schedule Dad's app'ts in Lubbock on another day other than Monday so I can get to the meetings.

Next step is to cut the binding for the kaleidoscope. I can't decide what to use for that. I'd like a solid, dark pink that compliments the pink in the quilt. I don't think I have anything like that in my stash so I'm sure there will be a trip to the store.
Time to relax for a bit before bedtime. Or, maybe I'll do some laundry..:-)

No comments: