Sunday, January 04, 2009

Melancholy Sunday

As the following pictures will show, I've spent most of this day working on crocheted projects for BG (Baby Goff). The pretty little model is a porcelain doll made several years ago by one of my co-workers. I'm not totally crazy about the little hat so I may have to make another. I kinda tweaked the pattern I was using so it didn't quite turn out like it was supposed to. The booties received a tweak or two, too, but they turned out exactly as I wanted them.



Back to the title of the post. I just can't seem to get motivated to tackle all the things that need doing, ie., taking down Christmas decorations, sorting items for Goodwill, cleaning under cabinets in kitchen, organizing sewing room (again), and various other things. I'm not depressed or anything of the sort, but it has been a sad week. One of my favorite clients passed away on New Year's Eve. But, I should not be sad for her. She was 80-something and had wanted to die for several years now. I'm thankful that I was able to talk to her the last day she lived. Her son called to say they would not be in for her appointment and he passed the phone to her. I told her I loved her and her final words to me were, "I love you, too". She was a feisty old broad and I can say that because I told it to her face more than once! lol

The other sad thing that happened is not even remotely connected to my life but it still saddens me. The passing of John Travolta's son, Jett. It's awful when anyone dies, accidently or otherwise, but especially tragic when it's such a young person. I can only imagine what his parents are feeling right now. God give them the courage and peace to deal with it all.

Okay, enough of this! Jim has peeled some apples and is waiting for me to come turn them into a luscious apple pie! He asked if I'd make him an apple pie and I said, "Sure, anything to keep from having to clean the living room!" He suggested I can do that while the pie is baking. He's so smart...LOL

4 comments:

~JoAnn~ said...

Veronica~ sorry to hear about your client but how wonderful to have been able to talk to her. If you have been to my blog and seen my craft room you would know what I have to do for the next week. It's a total mess!!
Blessings,Joann

Wilma Lee said...

I felt the same way about Jett Travolta. I guess because I like John so much. We are taking down our decorations today. What a job. But now I will keep getting antsy for spring!

Franie said...

My decorations came down and I too would rather bake an apple pie. The good fairy never comes to my house to clean and put things away. DH came home with some groceries yesterday and said "guess you have to make an apple pie as I bought more apples!" Will do DH as soon as you finish your pecan pie. Sorry to hear of your client passing away. Cute crocheted stuff for Baby Goff.

Candi said...

We got our decorations down and now everything looks so drab after the brightness of all the lights and glitter! lol It's left me a little on the meloncholy side, always does. Love the dolls outfit, that's adorable.
hugz:)
Candi