Friday, January 23, 2009

Time out for mending

As per usual, I was in a hurry when I left for work this morning. When I walked by a closet in the garage that has a protruding handle, I caught the lace on this blouse and ripped it. I had to run back in and change tops. That made me about 5 minutes late for work.
Tonight, I thought I'd jump right in and see if it could be fixed. I placed water soluble stabilizer under the torn area and pinned it to stay in place. I then put my embroidery foot on the machine, dropped the feed dogs and freemotioned stitches where I thought they were needed.

In the last picture you see the wet spot where I sprayed to remove the water soluble stabilizer. Almost looks brand new, don't you think? I don't think anyone will be able to tell where the tear was.

We went to Chili's tonight for Joe's birthday. It was a wild place and the crowd was huge. We had called for a reservation so we didn't have too long a wait. Happy Birthday, my eldest son! I love you.

No comments: