Saturday, January 31, 2009

More birthday gifts

Here you see a chef's apron and hat for my brother. I hope he doesn't read my blog before he gets his gift. Thanks to Patty for embroidering the apron. My machine does not have the capability to stitch this particular design...yet. And, is this not the coolest chef's hat? I know he won't wear it often, if ever, but I thought it was a nice touch. I found the pattern directions online. It was extremely easy. I still plan on picking up some extras to add to the package. I hope he enjoys it!

After a long day at work, Jim and I had our dinner date and then we stopped by Rob and April's to see the progress of the baby's room. That April just keeps on amazing me! lol She bought curtains for the room but added a "binding" all around and they look great! She's made a dust ruffle for the crib and the cutest little polka-dot pillow. Pictures, please! Now she's working on other wallhanging loverlies. Got to see co-grama Camille, too! Oh, and I helped, too, with adding buttonholes on the tie-backs for the curtains. Grampa Jim helped move furniture. All the room needs now is a sweet little baby girl!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Love the apron and hat

Love and hugs Gina xxx