Monday, March 09, 2009

Just staying busy

Where the heck does time go?? Here it is, nearly another week since I last posted. This time change doesn't help, either. I didn't wake up until 8:30 today! Good thing it's Monday and my day off. I don't have to take Dad to Lubbock today but we are going to a new chiropractor in Portales this afternoon. In the meantime, I've GOT to pay bills and run get a copy of his x-rays. He is doing a bit better than what I reported in my last post. He's getting around easier with his walker instead of having to use the wheelchair from bedroom to kitchen. We'll see how he does on his trek to have his leg bandages changed this morning.

Here's what I've been doing on the quilting front...
Doesn't look like much, does it? But, it takes a while to cut up all those old jeans! I don't have these blocks where I ultimately want them and some of them will be embroidered. Not to mention that there will be about 15 more squares added once she brings me more jeans. I hope my Janome 6600 is up to the challenge!

This brag bag is part of a group of items that will go to my Spring Swap partner.
That's why you can't see her name :-) You can't tell in this picture that the bottom part of the bag will hold pictures, if she so chooses. There are plastic vinyl panels sewn in. Jim and Judy both commented on the fact that the yo yo-s do not match the bag. But, they are made from a marbled fabric and, yes, there was some orange in it. I think it looks fine. Adds some interest is my reasoning.

Yesterday afternoon was spent working on taxes at Judy's. We got a preliminary draft done but still have to find more paperwork.

Only two more sleeps before Baby Goff makes her appearance! I had a dream just before I woke up that I was bugging April to let me "see" and feel where the baby is in her tummy. All of a sudden, I look at April's back, and there, pressed up against her mama's skin, I can see the outline of a beautiful little smiling face! It made me smile in my dream and it makes me smile now. In my dream, I grabbed my camera to take a picture and then woke up. I can still see it now, though! Aren't dreams funny?

Good Monday to you all and now I'm off to do chores. Until next time and I hope it won't be a full week before I post again. Hopefully, I will be back on Wednesday with pictures of my beautiful new granddaughter! (No name, yet)

2 comments:

Zlaty said...

I know, the time flies :)
I am glad you post it, I miss reading your lovely blog :)
I see you were busy, Love that Brag Bag!
I am glad your dad is doing better!

Have a lovely week Veronica!
Happy sewing!

~JoAnn~ said...

Veronica~ Love the bag, you do such wonderful work and always so fast. I am slow, slow, slow at getting things done. I will be praying for a safe and easy delivery for your grandbaby. Can't wait to see pictures.
Blessings,Joann