Monday, March 30, 2009

Hurricane force winds??

Monday, my day off. I slept until 8:30 this morning! That's a record. I took two Tylenol PM last night hoping to get a longer, pain-free sleep. Not that I have a lot of pain, but I have been feeling a bit under the weather. My ankles have been aching along with my left knee. I felt much better today.

Jim and I went to WalMart to do the weekly shopping for Dad. Oh, that was after Jim ran to Dad's to help get him in the car for his bi-weekly bandage change. And so, to the title of this post. I'm so glad Dad called for Jim to come help because the wind was howling! And cold! I'm always a little bit afraid for Dad to be out in the wind with his heart condition and the fact that the wind can actually throw a person down. It nearly knocked me over while walking into WalMart! Now, that's saying a lot!! lol
After putting all the groceries away at Dad's, I came home for a couple of hours. I worked on a few things but didn't really finish much. I went back to Dad's around 3 and was there until Joe got home a little after 5.

After dinner, I sat down and worked on a few more little gifts for my Spring Swap partner. The scissor case is one I've wanted to make for a long time and the coin purse will be added to the Brag Bag. The little shoes will be added to the pile of gifties, too.

These past few nights have been spent trying to decide what else to add to my swap partner's package. When I think I've got an idea, it just doesn't seem to get from my brain to my fingers. Oh yeah, I finished the coin purse, scissor case and shoes, but they're not even things I've been thinking about making for her. I don't know...I just feel a bit disconnected. Does that make sense to anyone? Maybe I need a vacation!

Alright, I've rambled on enough. I need to get to bed. Tomorrow night will be an even earlier night since Wednesday morning will find me up earlier than usual. I'm going with Rob, April and Kerrington to Lubbock to Robert's back doctor app't. Please keep him in your prayers. And pray that the wind is not blowing like it was today!

1 comment:

Wilma Lee said...

Very cute bags!!! And I still love those booties, even though I haven't made any yet, lol.