Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A little bit of shopping

While Dad was in dialysis today, I decided to brave the streets of Lubbock. Not that it's hard to get around here, it's just that I'm not used to driving in traffic heavier than what we have in Clovis. But, I figured I needed to do something in the 4 hours Dad would be busy. I went to a little shop called "Rachel's" and found a Baltimore Album quilt kit with preprinted blocks, along with all the fabric needed to make the top. It was originally priced at $130 and I sure wasn't going to pay that. But, the sign said "50% off". So, I thought, "that's the only way I'll do a Baltimore Album", so, I decided to buy it. When I got to the checkout counter, I found out it was 75% off! Nice surprise. I also found this pattern book with Christmas designs. It has some really nice Nativity patterns that I can't wait to use.
After Rachel's, I was on my way to Hobby Lobby and passed by a little dress shop I enjoy shopping at. Stopped in and found a couple of comfy tops and workout leggings (I'm optimistic, if nothing else! lol)

I didn't find Hobby Lobby, but I did find a Michael's. There I found the floss I need for the Christmas ornament designs in the Star of Wonder booklet. Then I started looking through the crochet books and found a pattern for a baby afghan. Since my brother told me their new grandbaby is going to be a girl, I couldn't resist. This will keep me busy while sitting here with Dad. I'm about sick of watching movies.

Dad should be back in the room anytime now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you managed to get some time for your self. The purchases look lovely and you must be thrilled at 75% off!

Susan said...

What a great shopping trip! I thought of you as we drove on 83 past the Lubbock cutoff. It was just farther than Paul wanted to detour, with gas prices as they are. It cost a fortune to come back for our summer spot. Now we'll spend all summer saving money for the gas for the fall and winter trips! Fortunately, this spot is ours and there's no rent.

I'll look forward to seeing posts with Baltimore blocks. =)

Patti said...

Still making the blogging rounds trying to catch up with my reading. I had so hoped by now that things would be better with your dad. Doesn't sound like that's the case. I'm so sorry about that! He's so lucky to have two daughters who care so very much for him. Love your shopping finds - especially that new book. I've looked at it and love everything in it - it's on my list of "must have" books.