Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Results are in...

I entered eight items in this year's county fair. Here you see seven of them since I can't show the bag I made for the swap. The bag did take a first place, blue ribbon, though! The blue and brown DWR that Rob and April are holding (it's theirs, lol) won a second place, red ribbon as did the Kaleidoscope quilt I'm holding. I was a little disappointed in that, but you never know what the judges will be looking for.

Leota's bra quilt, Crystal's Flip Flop quilt, the 4th of July tablerunner, the DWR with buttons (also Rob and April's), and the window frame Nativity Scene all took, drumroll, please.......first place! Each of them had a blue ribbon hanging from them.
Just as we were walking to the car to come home tonight, it started raining. The wind was blowing enough to kick up dirt which promptly got under my contacts. Ouch! It hurt all the way home and even now, it burns. But, it was worth the trip to see how my entries did.
A huge thanks to all of you that loaned me your quilts in order to have them displayed for a whole week at the fair. If you haven't been out there, go! They've got the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners separated so you can easily see who won what. The names of the exhibitors are written fairly large so you can see them from behind the chains that keep people from handling the exhibits.

7 comments:

Gina said...

Well done veronica. Mind you they are all beautiful quilts.

Love and hugs gina xxx

Suzy said...

Congratulations, V. You have every right to be proud and walking on cloud 9! Great job; they are all beautiful!

Franie said...

You go Girl! Wow you did good! And deserved. They are all great.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Congrats! That is awesome news!!!

Myra said...

Great works of art! Beautiful quilts!
Good for you! You must be so pleased with your awards!

Anonymous said...

Hi Veronica, beautiful quilts! They are all wonderful, I think they should have all been blue ribbons! Congratulations! Barb@oceanwavesquilts.

Cindy said...

Congratulations and to me they all should have been first's. I just love looking at what you make.